Warning, this post contains spoilers.
So, the boyfriend and myself have watched the 2011 fantasy movie Immortals (IMDb link) and our opinions about it couldn’t differ more. I am guessing the opinion of a man who’s much interested of -and have good knowledge in- history, war and fighting is not shared by a woman who’s though interests are there the knowledge is not as advanced. 🙂
He doesn’t think that the fighting scenes are realistically made and I can agree on that but I still thought they were awesome. They are not suppose to be realistic!
And here’s a few reasons why I like the movie:
- It is never boring; It isn’t predictable, I am pleasantly surprised throughout the entire movie.
- The sound effects are awesome. I’m impressed.
- The scenery is magnificent.
- Imaginative elements: The hyena, the sisters of the Oracle inside the bull, more.
- The automatically appearing arrow when the bow arches.
- The wardrobe, the masks.
- Loving the decorations that were used in the surroundings, despite some of them not being from that time.
The computer generated world where the story of Theseus unfold are some beautiful settings. The characters are from the Greek mythology but the story is not based on any actual known myth. You will not learn accurate mythology from this movie. There is plenty of violence, blood and special effects in this action filled entertaining and beautiful movie. Mickey Rourke played his interpretation of the character King Hyperion so well.
If you love your Greek mythology and dislike unreal fighting you are probably going to be disappointed. It is an action filled fantasy movie, if you can appreciate that you might like it as I do. I rate it 4 stars out of 5 possible.
I apologize that the stills are of bad quality, afraid I don’t have any program better suitable for captions other than VLC movie player and Windows Paint.